Càrn Mor Dearg Arête
For those who enjoy easy scrambling, this is probably the finest way to ascend Ben Nevis. The ascent starts at the quieter North Face Car Park, heading up to the top of Càrn Mor Dearg (1220 metres). On a clear day, this summit gives the best panoramic views of the North Face of Ben Nevis. We then carry onto the Arête itself, working carefully past large boulders which give a superb, "mountaineering feel" to the day. Once we have finished the ridge, a steep, rocky climb gets us onto the summit of Ben Nevis
We can help your ascent by:
- setting an appropriate pace
- knowing the best spots and times for breaks
- navigating in poor weather conditions
- providing appropriate support on steep terrain
- informing you about the history of the mountain
- identifying things that we see on the way, such as mountain flora and neighbouring peaks
Distance: 17.5km/11 miles
Duration (average): 8 - 10 hours
Ascent: 1506 metres
You should have a good level of fitness and be comfortable with moving at heights. Previous hillwalking/hiking experience will be very helpful.
This route can be seriously affected by poor weather conditions - the wind in particular. We will discuss with you before starting the day if it possible to make a safe ascent.
Click below to discuss this route and check our availability!