Coire Leis is a great option for those who want a bigger challenge than the Mountain Track whilst walking on less technical terrain than the CMD Arête. It is a fantastic way to experience the majestic, quieter North Face of Ben Nevis.
The day starts from the North Face Car Park, heading up a good path to a mountaineering hut at 680 metres. We then head over rocky terrain to the back wall of Coire Leis. The way steepens for a hard push up to join the end of the CMD Arête. We then have a steep, rocky hike to get us onto the summit of Ben Nevis
We can help your ascent by:
- setting an appropriate pace
- knowing the best spots and times for breaks
- navigating in poor weather conditions
- providing appropriate support on steep terrain
- informing you about the history of the mountain
- identifying things that we see on the way, such as mountain flora and neighbouring peaks
Distance: 16.3km/10.1 miles
Duration (average): 7 - 9 hours
Ascent: 1397 metres
You should have a good level of fitness and be comfortable with moving on unsteady terrain. Previous hillwalking/hiking experience will be very helpful.
Click below to discuss this route and check our availability!